Sashbear’s Expert Education Series is a series of free, online, monthly presentations with international experts speaking on topics related to emotion dysregulation and family skills.
Whether you are a relative or friend, a person with lived experience of BPD, or a mental health service provider, you will find something in our library of presentations to help you understand more about BPD and emotion dysregulation.
Dr. Armida Fruzzetti
Wednesday, June 28, 2023 7pm ET
In case of a crisis with an exquisitely sensitive kid—How to put your mask on first, before helping your child: DBT Skills for Parents
In this presentation, Dr. Armida Fruzzetti will focus on the critical role of parents and caretakers when working with younger children (under 12) who experience behavioural dysregulation. The transactional model will be described, highlighting the transaction – between invalidating environment and emotional dysregulation – which may result in behavioural dysregulation in children. Through use of this model, participants will learn skills from Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) that parents and caregivers can use for their own emotion regulation and how to validate an exquisitely sensitive child.
Recordings of Recent Presentations
Library of Recorded Presentations
Explore our library of more than 25 presentations. We are adding more all the time. Head over to YouTube to start learning.
- Lived experience — living with borderline personality disorder
- Skills for family members — learning about dialectical thinking, relationship mindfulness, validation, and more
- Mental health disorders — what does emotional dysregulation look like when someone also has another mental health disorder such as PTSD or OCD
- Concerning behaviours — Gain understanding and skills to cope if your loved one is dealing with substance use, self-harm, or an eating disorder
- Trauma — Learn about the intersection of trauma and BPD. Recognize the potential and impact of trauma on family members
- Suicide, grief and loss
- Evidence-based treatment modalities — Dialectical Behaviour Therapy, Mentalization Based Therapy, Radically Open DBT, Mindfulness
- Indigenous cultural safety and awareness