2nd Annual Sashbear Walk in BC!
2nd annual Sashbear Walk in BC!
10 – 11 am Registration and activities
11am Opening Ceremony
Land Acknowledgment & Welcome:
Speaker: Dr. Alexander L. Chapman, Professor Simon Fraser University
Speaker: Anthony Neptune,
Clinical Director Fraser Health MHSU
Speaker: Bennett Family, Gold Sponsor
Closing Remarks: Alicia Wagner, Surrey Walk Coordinator, and Jill Townsend, Sashbear Board Member
11:30 am Walk begins
12:30 pm Silent Auction & Prize Draw
1 pm Sashbear Walk Concludes
Dr. Alexander L. Chapman, Simon Fraser University
Anthony Neptune, Fraser Health Authority
Territorial Welcome and Song
Ronald Francis-Modeste, Mathxwí First Nation
Activities for the Whole Family
Mindfulness Bridge, Silent Auction, Prize Draw, and more
Parking is available in the South parking lot off 144 St between 104A and 105A Ave. From this lot, you will see the playground. Our event will be held past the playground and spray park. Overflow parking is available in the North Parking lot. We will have volunteers available to direct you to our starting line.
What to Wear/Bring ☀️
- Dress for the weather – sunshine and temperatures in the high 20s are expected on Saturday!!!
- Bring water and sunscreen
- A Sashbear Walk T-shirt will be provided to all participants so we will be a sea of orange united to break the stigma around mental health
Walk-in registrations welcome!
Bring family, friends, neighbours, colleagues and your dogs! Everyone is welcome!
Sashbear Silent Auction at Hawthorne Park
opens: 10:00 am May 13
closes: 12:30 pm May 13
Some of our featured silent auction items:
- Cuisinart Stand Mixer
- 2 BC Lions tickets
- 2 Whitecaps tickets
- Brock Boeser autographed photo
- 2 tickets for a Bard on the Beach BMO Mainstage production – As You Like It or Julius Caesar
- Art’s Nursery gardening tools gift pack
- Everything wine gift basket
- Baking basket
- Head-to-toe spa gift basket
- Movie night gift basket with popcorn popper
All proceeds will support The Sashbear Foundation’s mental health and suicide prevention programs.
Support a participant | Support or JOIN a team
Support a participant
Support or JOIN a team