Sashbear Walk Surrey, BC
Saturday, May 13
10am to 1pm
Registration at 10am
opening ceremony at 11am
Hawthorne Rotary Park
2nd Annual Sashbear Walk in BC!
2nd annual Sashbear Walk in BC!
10 – 11 am Registration and activities
11am Opening Ceremony
Land Acknowledgment & Welcome:
Speaker: Dr. Alexander L. Chapman, Professor Simon Fraser University
Speaker: Anthony Neptune,
Clinical Director Fraser Health MHSU
Speaker: Bennett Family, Gold Sponsor
Closing Remarks: Alicia Wagner, Surrey Walk Coordinator, and Jill Townsend, Sashbear Board Member
11:30 am Walk begins
12:30 pm Silent Auction & Prize Draw
1 pm Sashbear Walk Concludes
Dr. Alexander L. Chapman, Simon Fraser University
Anthony Neptune, Fraser Health Authority
Territorial Welcome and Song
Ronald Francis-Modeste, Mathxwí First Nation
Activities for the Whole Family
Mindfulness Bridge, Silent Auction, Prize Draw, and more
Parking is available in the South parking lot off 144 St between 104A and 105A Ave. From this lot, you will see the playground. Our event will be held past the playground and spray park. Overflow parking is available in the North Parking lot. We will have volunteers available to direct you to our starting line.
What to Wear/Bring ☀️
- Dress for the weather – sunshine and temperatures in the high 20s are expected on Saturday!!!
- Bring water and sunscreen
- A Sashbear Walk T-shirt will be provided to all participants so we will be a sea of orange united to break the stigma around mental health
Walk-in registrations welcome!
Bring family, friends, neighbours, colleagues and your dogs! Everyone is welcome!
Sashbear Silent Auction at Hawthorne Park
opens: 10:00 am May 13
closes: 12:30 pm May 13
Some of our featured silent auction items:
- Cuisinart Stand Mixer
- 2 BC Lions tickets
- 2 Whitecaps tickets
- Brock Boeser autographed photo
- 2 tickets for a Bard on the Beach BMO Mainstage production – As You Like It or Julius Caesar
- Art’s Nursery gardening tools gift pack
- Everything wine gift basket
- Baking basket
- Head-to-toe spa gift basket
- Movie night gift basket with popcorn popper
All proceeds will support The Sashbear Foundation’s mental health and suicide prevention programs.
Support a participant | Support or JOIN a team
Support a participant
Support or JOIN a team
Surrey BC | Toronto ON | Montreal QC | St. John’s NL | Edmonton AB
UNITED FOR CHANGE
Register and fundraise
- Click on the registration button and complete the registration. Each adult must register separately. One adult can register youth under 16 during the registration process. Youth who would like to have their own fundraising page will need to register separately with their email addresses.
- Start your fundraiser by donating yourself! This sets the tone and creates momentum for future donations.
- Create your fundraising page. This option will pop up right after registration is complete. You can fundraise as an individual, join a team or start a team!
- Personalize your fundraising page. Sharing your personal connection to Sashbear will helps others connect with the cause, and provides motivation for them to donate.Click on the following link if you need help.
- Then share your fundraising page with your network to give people a chance to sponsor you to help us meet our $150,000 fundraising goal!
Capture the moment and share a picture or a video by tagging @sashbearorg #sashbearwalk on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram. Spread the word to your friends and family to help us meet our fundraising goal.
Fun for everyone!
AMAZING GUEST SPEAKERS & FANTASTIC PRIZES
SILENT AUCTION (Toronto & Montreal)
MEET NEW FRIENDS – RECONNECT WITH OLD ONES
FUN FOR EVERYONE!
Walking together for mental health
Now more than ever, we need to take action to take care of ourselves and one another. Join many other participants at one of our in-person walks throughout Canada! If the locations and/or dates don’t work for you, do a virtual walk!—choose your own date, time and place to walk as far as you set between May 14 and June 18. Walk alone or create a team and walk as a group!
75% of The Sashbear Foundation’s revenue is from donations—we are incredibly grateful for YOUR support. Donors and participants like you allow Sashbear to continue transforming lives.
“Sometimes the smallest step in the right direction ends up bringing the biggest and most rewarding step in your life. Taking the Family Connections™ course at Sashbear was a life changing experience. It gave my family the tools necessary to cope with daily life struggles.”
Since 2012, The Sashbear Foundation continues to deliver educational webinar series, and skills programs across Canada. The Sashbear Foundation coordinates and trains a team of over 200 active volunteers who facilitate and deliver Family Connections™ peer-to-peer; a skills-based program that offers a lifeline for families and friends of loved ones that face emotional challenges. Family Connections™ (FC) is an evidence-based program that has consistently shown to help participants decrease levels of grief, decrease burden, decrease depression and increase mastery/empowerment.
Canadian Registered Charity #8233 90042 RR0001